Monday, June 15, 2009

Little Gym and Camden's First Birthday!!























After little gym...pooped!!
So we have had a very busy couple of weeks. I have picked up a lot of extra shifts the past few weeks to make extra money for our vacation and gearing up for Camden's bday party! Also, CC enrolled Cam and Walker in little gym classes. Camden is in the birds class and Walker is in another class. We've gone the past 2 saturdays and he loves it! He climbs, places with the bells and is learning to to a forward roll. The entire class he just smiled with his mouth wide open! He's our little gymnast. Then Sunday we celebrated our baby's first birthday!! It is unbelievable to me that we are at this milestone already, it truly seems like yesterday that we were anxiously awaiting his arrival in the delivery room. Camden's actual birthday was on saturday and started with Trey and I singing happy birthday to him when he woke up then we had breakfast at the Lunsfords since his aunt Leigh Anne and Great Grandma Charlene were in town from Texas for his birthday! I pulled Cam Cam aside and I told him the story of his birthday and how wonderful it was to hear his first sweet little cry and he just grinned while I was telling him softly in his ear and then imitated me when I told him what his cry sounded like! It was hilarious. Then the big party Sunday was better than expected. We got really nervous b/c Friday and sunday bad storms hit our area and a ton of people were without power which as a blessing neither us or the lunsfords lost any electricity! We had a luau themed party complete with grass skirts, kabobs, leis, pineapples and limbo. It was so fun. Alot of camden's buddies came and he got some amazing gifts even though we asked everyone not to bring gifts! He is completely spoiled! His cake was sooo cute a lady made it to look like a hawaiian waterfall complete with a hula girl on top and his "smash cake" was a little tiki hut with a surfboard cookie on top. She also made flip flop and surfboard iced cookies. Everything was amazing and I think everyone had fun. Kim Miller the photographer came to do Camden's final shoot from his one year package and those pics should be ready in a few weeks and I will post them when I get the link. We went to the Dr. today for his 1 year checkup & vaccines and I pointed out what I thought was a heat rash on Camden's midsection and the Dr. diagnosed him with rosceola! So no shots for now and we are just to put cortisone cream on it for the itch and benadryl if we think he is fussy b/c of the rash. She said it is most likely at the end and should be too contagious at this point but to stay home for a few days and no going to Mrs. Billie Jo's house :( So I took off tonight and Trey is taking a half day tomoroow and We are so excited about our vacation on Wednesday to St. Louis and then Chicago!! Pray for a safe trip and good weather and Camden's rosceola clears up soon.

2 comments:

rachel said...

Happy Birthday Camden!!!! so hard to believe it's already been a year!!! the party pictures are FABULOUS-can't wait to see more...so glad it turned out great!

Brooke said...

Awesome pictures from the party!! It looks like y'all had a blast. I hate we had to miss it :( Hopefully we can all be there for the 2nd one! Have a great time in Chicago!