Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving and Texas Tech game











 We had a great joint Thanksgiving this year. My mom, dad, brother, and nephew (my sister was visiting NYC with friends) joined the Trey's mom and dad at their home for Thanksgiving lunch. I was supposed to work the night before but the Lord blessed me with a cancelled shift! I was so happy to go to bed normally and be able to get up and watch the parades then make some Paula Deen mini pumpkin cheesecakes and Grits and greens (which both turned out yummy!). It was so nice and relaxing to not have to rush around to several Thanksgivings and there was less oppurtunity to overeat :) Then I got up early hit a few Black Friday sales and we left for Dallas area of Gun Barrel City where Trey's uncle has a beautiful lakehouse. We then met up with his sister and traveled to Dallas to meet Trey's best friend from high school/college Chad and his wife and 3 beautiful kids for a quick lunch before heading to the Texas Tech/Baylor game at the new Dallas Cowboy stadium. Trey's uncle and his friends got us tickets and box seats which was AMAZING!! The stadium was state of the art!


At church in our sunday school class we have been helping with the Operation Christmas child. We fill shoeboxes for various age group boys and girls and then the church has them mailed to underprivelaged kids all over the globe. We had a big breakfast potluck and stuffed 42 boxes! The goal for the class was 20 so we were so excited that all of these children would be blessed this year!



We went Sunday to my mom's neighborhood cookies w/ Santa to have Camden's pictures made. He did not enjoy it like we had hoped... He pretty much had a meltdown. Most of my pics were blurry because he was trying to wiggle out of his lap but there were a few and you can see how much he didn't enjoy it :(
Wedding Day December 3, 2005




Trey and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary this week. I am so happy to call Trey my husband and happier today than 4 yrs ago on our wedding day. Also I celebrated my 30th bday last week. I have to admit I had some issues with the big leap out of my twenties, even jokingly wearing all black in mourning of my 20s! But it is a blessing and I am happy with where I am in my life and excited to see what the next 10 years has to bring.
Our Christmas Bulletin Pic (had to tickle Cam to get him to laugh!)

Cam's post bath curly fro!

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and remember to say that and not "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Xmas" it only takes the most important part of the celebration- Christ- out of the equation. So just remember HE is the reason for the season and give thanks for the blessings he has given you throughout the year. Pray for our friends Bethany and Casey who are dealing with a very serious illness in their family. Bethany's dad was diagnosed with stage 3-4 esophageal cancer with mets to the liver last summer and not responding to the chemo/radiation. We know Mr. Bill and love him and are praying for them fervently and hoping for a full recovery.

No comments: