Thursday, February 10, 2011
Watching and waiting...
So, my due date came and went yesterday :( I thought for sure that we would have a new baby by now, but nothing has happened yet. We had a false alarm last week when I thought I was having contractions and we packed up and took Cam to stay with my dad but then they went away and we were still pregnant! Two weeks ago I somehow messed up my foot at work transporting a patient across the hospital and was unable to walk on it. I thought it was a sprain but a week later it still hurt and I could barely walk on it. I went to my doctor and he xrayed it and told me I had a stress fracture. It was small, but it sure does hurt. So he took me off work, so I'm just stuck at home and not really able to do anything. I need to be up walking and cleaning to get the house ready for the baby and all the visitors I'm sure we'll have after he/she is born but I am not able! It's very frustrating. I have been catching up on my school. I'm taking 2 online writing classes so sitting on the laptop most of the day is how I roll these days! Our doctor tried to move up our induction date (now scheduled for Feb 15th at 5 am) to yesterday (my due date) but we were expecting a massive snow storm and the hospital said they would most likely be short on nurses so I decided it's probably better to just wait and not push it. We did get about 4 inches of snow yesterday and Cam's daycare closed early and Trey's work closed early. I am glad that I am off work now since it would be a nightmare getting downtown and back through the icy roads! Now we are just watching and waiting for baby # 2. We're still bouncing around the baby's name ideas (horrible right??) We are settled on a girl's name, but the boy's name is still up in the air. I guess we will make the final decision when we see the baby. I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as anything happens! Pray for us to have a safe and healthy delivery:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
We'll be praying for a healthy & safe delivery. How exciting not knowing the sex! Y'all stay warm
Post a Comment