Buffet table
Delicious sweets tables
The fodd was unbelievable!
Juice and Mimosas!
Visiting with the ladies
Cam reading a book with Jude, they had a ball playing!
Little Preston was adorable!
Who could have taken a bite out of the desserts and put it back??
Our friends Blakely and Jude (and Jasper) happen to be in town from Alabama!
Cam playing with friends
Can I have another cupcake??
(I think its safe to say this was the dessert swiper and taster from the above picture!)
and just one more??
Adorable diaper cake Aunt Le Le made!
The Man of the hour Mr. Brooks!
Shrimp and Grits bar. My favorite!!
Tissue balls tracy made. So cool!
Last Saturday, the ladies in my family hosted a wonderful "sip n' see". I insisted that it was not a shower, but people still felt compelled to give us a ton of lovely gifts. We opened our home to a slew of ladies to come enjoy a wonderful brunch that the hostesses prepared and take a look at the baby. One of my coworkers jokingly nicknamed it the "lick and look!" Hilarious! But, it was nice to have many people over to our house who had never been and show them the nursery. We had a ball with all the kids who showed up, Cam was in heaven playing. He was hopped up on sugar since the cupcakes on the table were in his reach and he had ample oppurtunity to swipe one when noone was looking. I think I counted 5-6 he devoured! Brooks did great but all the excitement and lack of nap left him a little fussy that night and I had to rock him and give him some gripe water to get him to finally go to sleep. He has started settling into a small routine he stays awake for most of the morning until after lunch (unless I go somewhere and he'll sleep longer from the car ride) and then a long nap in the afternoon. I usually am doing some sort of homework during this time. School has been killing me lately! I have had at least 2 papers a week it seems and then online postings and discussions. I cannot wait until May when I get a break!! But Brooks has a little bit of a fussy time at night usually around 7 or 8. He will just cry and cry and nothing seems to help. He'll usually fall asleep from exhaustion and then sleep for an hour or so and back up again, but not crying just hungry. I can't seem to get him on a great sleeping schedule at night. He doesn't like the bassinet that much and I prop him up on his boppy to sleep since he's got reflux and some sinus congestion. He doesn't sleep flat much. We've been dealing with the reflux for a few weeks now. He spits up constantly! I have never seen a baby throw up as much as he does. It isn't affecting his health, he's gaining weight like a champ. He weighed 10 lbs 4 oz at his one month checkup, but it isn't great for my laundry load! I think I get spit up on at least 4 times a day and he has to change a few times as well! Ugh!! I took his four week pictures like I did with Camden in my grandmother's rocker with the stuffed monkey (I can't see to find the giraffe that I used with Cam) but we also did some with an owl from Brooks' nursery. I included Cam's one month old picture so you can see how much they favor. I call him Cam all the time on accident, it feels like I had the same baby when I look at old pictures of Camden!Brooks with his monkey
Four Weeks Old with Ollie the Owl
Camden as a four week old:)
I had Cam sleeping at least 6 hours a night by this point, so I don't know what I did differently, but Brooks has only gone 5 hrs once. I guess since I gave Cam only bottles he probably ate more at a time than Brooks (and he kept it down!) I'm open for suggestions from any of my mom friends though! We're doing the stay awake for play time after eating deal but it doesn't seem to matter. I think it has to do with his sleeping arrangement, maybe I'll move him to the crib soon. Our other development is Brooks is starting to smile (not jest when he's sleeping when he's awake)! He almost talks to me in the morning when we get up. He'll coo and grin at me like he's telling me what he wants to do for the day or about his dreams he had last night. It melts my heart, sweetest thing ever! Other than that we're just having fun watching our little ones grow. I finally ordered the birth announcements (a little late due to grad school) and they should go out next week, so watch your mailboxes! I'll post our professional photos once I mail out the announcements! They turned out beautifully.



1 comment:
I can't believe how much your boys look alike! I called Jasper "Jude" for the longest time, too, and still occasionally do it. Also, Jude slept through the night pretty early on, but Jasper STILL isn't. I feel like I'm doing everything "right" but that it's just his personality. Plus, I can't schedule his naps, etc. as closely as I did with Jude's, since we're also working around Jude's schedule. Anyway, just wanted you to know that we were having similar problems!
Post a Comment