Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Renovations...


Brooks' mean mug

5 months old picture


Since I had my pediatrics rotation this summer I was pretty consumed with it. I had clinical 2-3 days a week for two months plus work on the weekends it was alot plus trying to study and keep up with the boys you can see why we haven't updated in a while. But the boys and I stayed home together one week and played and went to checkups and Camden's first dentist visit (went great, no cavities!!). We have been doing alot of stuff like swimming at JoJo and Grandad's every week. The boys went down to check on the Lunsford's lakehouse at Pickwick a few weekends ago. I can't wait until next summer when I'm through with school and can get off weekends!!
Here are some pictures from our summer adventures:

Cam jumping off the diving board (he has no fear)
at the Hessers at a college friends get together

At the Sprinkler park with Walker, Cam we met up with Brooke and her kiddos and Cappy


Tracy's birthday party with her and Jimmy



This was my attempt to get all the kids to look at me:) Walker and Cam in matching robes (thank you CeCe) and Brooke's two Bryce and CeCe on the right








Brooks and Dad taking a dip at JoJo's

Wednesday night swim night

Cam at the playground

The boys in the sandbox that Aunt LeeLee gave Cam for his bday

Sweet boy



I had two weeks off before my fall semester started, I decided to tackle the enormous task of redecorating the kitchen/den/breakfast area. I have been dying to do this since we bought the house and I laid eyes on that awful burnt orange walls and orangey natural wood beadboard cabinetry.
Here is the before:

So first mom and I refinished/painted the cabinets, then we went on to refinish and paint the front bar as a dark brown. It This process took the better part of the week (cleaning, stripping, 2-4 coats on the cabinets, glazing...UGH!!) and Trey finished it while I was at work that weekend by putting the top coat on (thank you babe!).

Coat one pre glazing:
Bar first coat:
Then this week was spent painting the kitchen and den a beautiful sage green that I'm calling a wasabi (the real name is tadpole). Mom took off a few days off and helped me tremendously. Without her, we would still be working on the cabinets! Then Labor day weekend Trey took the boys to the Grove in Oxford to enjoy tailgating with the family (I of course was at work!) But then we started the brick backsplash when I got off Sunday night and on Labor Day. I ordered the bricks from a place in Memphis that specializes in repurposed stuff. They took antique bricks from Chicago and cut the fronts off to create a veneer that we glued to the backsplash like tile. We still need to grout but I'm so excited it looks so much better already. I still have a few more things I want to do but I need to take a break from spending money for a while I think! Camden even helped with the painting. Yes, I let a 3 year old loose to paint my walls. He actually did really well!


Finished with the sage (wasabi)!

Beginning the brick backsplash. it changes the whole room!

bye bye orange!!
I will post a final picture when it's all done!
Other than that, Brooks is trying his hardest to crawl. He is eating like a little pig and I think we have our first tooth about to make an appearance any day now. He just took his 6 month pictures with Kim Miller cannot wait to post them!

6 mths old
Camden is learning so much in his new class. Ms Stacy is incredible and he knows his ABCs, can recognize most letters if he sees them, even knows the sounds they make. He has learned what month his birthday is in and how to trace his name. I cannot believe he can do all these things and he's only 3! The school has been really good for him. He also started Karate this summer and he loves it. They come to the school and do the lessons and he comes home telling us about how he kicked and punched things(the punch through xray films to make a loud noise). My clinical for my women's health starts tomorrow and I'm anxiously awaiting what this rotation has in store. I hope and pray that I can learn a ton and become even more skilled and knowledgeable as a nurse practitioner.  

No comments: