Then a few weeks later I ran in another 5K, this one was the color run which consisted of us with white shirts and dry paint powder being thrown at us along the way. We got filthy, but it was so fun. I was able to run the whole thing again (waaaay behind my team of girls, but ran it all nonetheless).
Camden played his first organized sport this year! We liked this league because it was a small church league that played a few times a week (no weekends) and they were close to home. His team name was the scorpions. They were undefeated and we were very happy to watch all the games. Camden was not 100% committed, he was a little more worried about the snacks and water breaks they took. But he loved the goalie position and it was an introduction to a little bit more discipline than he is apparently used to.. Brooks wanted to play more than anyone out there. His Jo Jo and Grandad got him a red jersey as well with the number "00" and the letters PMIC which stood for "Put Me In Coach"! I laughed hysterically when I saw that! Brooks enjoyed running onto the field throughout the game and also playing with some of the other smaller children who were watching their older brothers and sisters. He even would line up with the rest of the team at the conclusion of each game and stick his hand out to tell everyone "good game, good game....". It was so cute to watch. We waited until Cam was 4 to play but we may have to let Brooksie play on the 3 year old league next Spring!
Camden's class had a field trip to Cedar Hill Farms in Hernando, MS several weeks ago. It was a great time for the kids. This place has it all, petting zoo, hay ride, train ride, restaurant, and fields of whatever season it is growing for you to pick (berries, watermelons, pumpkins, etc). And at the end they have an awesome playground with a HUGE slide that the kids (and some adults) had a ball playing on! I was so glad I could go!
Camden with his best friend Makayla
The whole class with Ms. Mary Beth and Ms Katrina (they have known Cam since he was 2!)
Another big event this summer was Camden graduated preschool!! He is growing up too fast! He will beginning kindergarten this fall and could not be more excited!
Before the graduation ceremony, we went to eat at Cracker Barrel with Ce Ce, Walker, and Tracy and Kyle.
Cam with Makayla and Brooks before the ceremony
Our little graduate
Cam's speaking part was "When I grow up I want to be an ARTIST!" He was told to make sure to speak up and say his part loud so he yelled the Artist part! It was very funny:)
~Two little scoundrels~
We've had a few functions with our friends lately. We had a BBQ at our house a few weekends ago and it was crazy we counted 12 children between us all! We took a pic of all the kids together on our couch! I never realized that between all of us every couple has 2 children! Everyone except Trey and I have a boy and a girl, we are the only ones with two boys :) Guess we will have to do something about that! ha!
The kids in our (fertile) group of friends! Almost in chronological order!
Lake fun with the boys
Another cute pic from Grandad's boat
Cam's first official fishing trip with his dad and granddad and (soon to be) Uncle TJ!




No comments:
Post a Comment