Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Ladies Baby Shower

My best friends threw Camden and I a beautiful shower this past weekend. We had a great time and it was so much fun visiting with everyone and the gifts were overwhelming! Both sets of grandparents went overboard. Grandad Lunsford generously gave us a $500 gift card for diapers~ I know that will come in handy! We got tons of clothes, bathing stuff, a video monitor, a bouncy chair, a stroller, high chair, toys, books and handmade onesies and a Beatrix Potter themed quilt. It was so much and I cannot believe how generous everyone was! My roommate from college even made it up that morning from Jackson, MS only to turn back around and drive back! It was really special to share with everyone Camden's nursery and all of the gifts he has. We worked hard on the house the weeks leading up to the shower Trey extended our small patio with paver stones and we got some new patio furniture. We also re-landscaped the front with new flowers and mulch. Trey has our yard looking fantastic and is secretly in competition with all the neighbors on the the condition of the lawn. Personally I think we have the best yard on the block!! I am so ready for Camden to be here and I think he is getting ready too. I have been seeing alot more movement from him and I have been having quite a few Braxton Hicks contractions. I'm not sure but it feels as if he has dropped and I have been having some pain in my lower abdomen and sciatic nerve pain down my leg. I go to the Doctor on Thursday and I am hoping that I have dilated even more and that I may be able to be induced early. I am so ready to be a mom and not pregnant anymore!! I have to go I need to go sleep before my shift tonight! I'll keep trying to update the blog as much as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great shower! Camden will be spoiled rotten :) So excited to see the finished nursery - it looks absolutely wonderful. The yard looks beautiful too, and I absolutely love the patio extensiion. Can't wait for Cam to get here - less than 1 month!!!